Tuesday, May 27, 2014
A quick analysis of Modi Cabinet!
I am grouping the ministers into different groups
Group 1: Seniors, long-time party loyalists., People I wish didn't get into the cabinet, because I think this is a Modi Sarkar and not BJP Sarkar.
1. Rajnath Singh: Home Affairs
2. Arun Jaitley: Defence, Finance, Corporate Affairs
3. M Venkaiah Naidu: Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Parliamentary Affairs
4. DV Sadananda Gowda: Railways
5. Dr. Najma A. Heptulla: Minority Affairs
6. Prakash Javadekar-Information and Broadcasting (Independent Charge)
Group 2: The Dynamites (People who can push Hindutva agenda unapologetically if needed)
1. Uma Bharati: Water Resmy ces, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
Group 3: The Get'it done'ers (Task Masters).. My Dream Team... I want these types in key areas
1. Nitin Gadkari: Road Transport and Highways, Shipping
2. Ravi Shankar Prasad: Communications and Information Technology, Law and Justice
3. Gopinathrao Munde: Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Drinking Water and Sanitation
Group 4: The Dynamic lot. My Dream Team... The new comers I love... I want the whole cabinet is filled with these
4. Smriti Zubin Irani: Human Resmy ce Development
5. Harsh Vardhan: Health and Family Welfare
6. Piyush Goyal-Power (Independent Charge),Coal (Independent Charge),New and Renewable Energy (Independent Charge)
7. Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman- Commerce and Industry (Independent Charge), Finance, Corporate Affairs
8. General V.K. Singh - Development of North Eastern Region (Independent Charge), External Affairs, Overseas Indian Affairs
Group 5: Party poopers (in my highly biased opinion based on Paid Media reports. My sincere apologies to them). I wish they are pushed aside completely.
1. Sushma Swaraj: External Affairs
2. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi: Women and Child Development
3. Ananth Kumar: Chemicals and Fertilizers
Group 6: I don't know them'ers. So I presume (again with bias) they are so..so
1. Kalraj Mishra: Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
2. Harsimrat Kaur Badal: Food Processing Industries
3. Jual Oram: Tribal Affairs
4. Radha Mohan Singh: Agriculture
5. Narendra Singh Tomar: Mines, Steel, Labmy and Employment
6. Dharmendra Pradhan: Petroleum and Natural Gas (Independent Charge)
7. Shri Inderjit Singh Rao- Planning (Independent Charge), Statistics and Programme Implementation (Independent Charge), ]Defence
8. Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar- Textiles (Independent Charge), Parliamentary Affairs, Water Resmy ces, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
9. Shri Shripad Yesso Naik- Culture (Independent Charge), Tmy ism (Independent Charge)
10. Shri Dharmendra Pradhan - Petroleum and Natural Gas (Independent Charge)
11. Shri Sarbananda Sonowal - Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports (Independent Charge)
12. Dr. Jitendra Singh - Science and Technology (Independent Charge), Earth Sciences (Independent Charge), Prime Minister Office, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space
13. Shri G.M. Siddeshwara - Civil Aviation
14. Shri Manoj Sinha - Railways
15. Shri Nihalchand- Chemicals and Fertilizers
16. Shri Upendra Kushwaha - Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Drinking Water and Sanitation
17. Shri Radhakrishnan P - Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
18. Shri Kiren Rijiju - Home Affairs
19. Shri Krishan Pal - Road Transport and Highways, Shipping
20. Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Balyan - Agriculture, Food Processing Industries
21. Shri Mansukhbhai Dhanjibhai Vasava - Tribal Affairs
22. Shri Raosaheb Dadarao Danve - Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
23. Shri Vishnu Deo Sai - Mines, Steel, Labmy and Employment
24. Shri Sudarshan Bhagat - Social Justice and Empowerment
Group 7: I miss them What happened???
1. Amit Shah
2. Meenakshi Lekhi
3. Nalin Kohli
4. Shaina NC
5. AsmaKhan Pathan etc.,
Group 8: My favorite oldies
1. Subbu Swamy
2. Arun Shmy ie
3. MJ Akbar??
4. Rajiv Malhotra
5. Baba Ramdev
6. Sri Sri Ravi Sankar....
Adding Modi (he himself is == to 10 cabinet ministers; so the total Cabinet strength is 50 ), I got 20/50 ministers in my Dream Team (Groups 3&4 Plus Modi). About 6/50 are BJP Seniors and 24/50 are I-don’t-know them types. Assuming 50% of Group-6 passed Modi's selection process my Dream team is about 30/50 that is 60% of cabinet.
The Group 1 is important for they ensure the party BJP and its core is in firm control of the political dispensation. These people went thru many ups and downs with the party and developed a long institutional memory. Combined with Group 2 on certain initiatives they can make the yindootva-fundamentalists very happy.
The Group 2 is very much needed for the REAL freedom of Bharat from the triple colonization (Islamic, Christian & Secular). I wish I have two more people in this group but I hope a couple from Group 1 will provide issue-based support to Group 2. This is the group that will make sure that Ram Mandir, A370, UCC etc are not forgotten in my pursuit of creating wealth, lots of it. Who knows, in right circumstances Group-5 can become martyrs for the right causes.
As I can see majority of Group 6 are from coalition partners, which I need to respect because I want the BJP alliance to do well throughout the country. So I need to live with this 10/50 (the other 50% qualified into my Dream Team) that 20% of coalition Dharma.
I couldn't find more than 3-4/50 people in Group 5 (Once again this is my highly biased and prejudiced opinion reading the Paid Media. My advanced apologies to them). So this is less than 10% of the cabinet strength. This kind of people can cause harm only when the "Silent Majority" is Secular. Given the fact that I have my dream team in majority, they will behave like good citizens.
This brings us to the missing names!
I hope Group 7 has been given much larger tasks than I can imagine, hence are kept out of this cabinet.
Personally I hope my favorite Amit Shah joins the team officially. He is the ideal candidate for defense ministry given the challenge-quadrant: (1) External Threats, (2) Force Development, (3) >$100B procurement in next 5 yrs and (4) building MIC from bottom up.
I am a personal fan of many of Group-8 candidates. But I think they, with lots of respect to them, will be failures in a cabinet setting. I think they should be used to educate, convince and change the national perspectives on some larger-than-one-administration issues such as (sic) Secularism, UCC, A370, calling my nation as Bharat instead of slavish-India etc.,
Overall I will give this cabinet 8/10 marks.